Geraldine is a charming boutique village with a population of around 2300, just 30 minutes drive north west from Timaru and on the Inland Scenic Route between Christchurch and Aoraki/Mt Cook.
Popular with visitors as a holiday base,
Geraldine offers a wide range of outdoor activities including white water rafting, kayaking, walking, mountain biking, hunting, fishing and golfing. During winter, the village bustles with skiers based in the town and heading daily to nearby skifields. Enjoy browsing Geraldine's charming, compact shopping area for souvenirs, merino wear, crafts, local artworks and other quality New Zealand made clothing and giftware.
- At Four Peaks Plaza enjoy locally made
gourmet delights such as the famous Talbot Forest Cheese, chutneys,
juices and other fruit products from Barker’s of Geraldine.
- When you are worn out from exploring, relax in
one of Geraldine's friendly cafes.
- VIsit the Timaru or Geraldine Visitor Centres for maps, guides, brochures and lots of Geraldine activities and information, or browse the Geraldine business listings to find out more.
- InterCity bus services depart Kiwi Country Complex - InterCity Timetable.
- Watch a movie at the Historic Geraldine Cinema. If you time it right, you might be even able to experience a live music concert.
- Dust the cobwebs off the golf clubs. There are two golf courses within minutes of Geraldine. Rally the troops and enjoy a great afternoon out with the family, play the new Mini Golf Course at Café Mes Amis in Orari, a quick 5 minute drive from Geraldine
- Visit The Brewery Café where seven types of beer are brewed in the beautiful Gapes Valley
- Visit beautiful Peel Forest, Located in the stunning Rangitata Valley, with Rangitata Rafts offering some of NZ’s best white-water rafting; experience kayaking, walking and mountain biking experiences with Alps2Ocean
- Visit the McAtamney Art Gallery to see their latest art exhibition
- Take a scenic flight with Air Rangitata based north of Geraldine and just a 15 minute drive away.