The Aoraki Foundation provides a vehicle through which people can make a contribution For Aoraki, For Good, For Ever.
Do you wish to support your community? What is important to you and your family? It may be the arts, community health & wellbeing, or a general community facility. When creating a charitable fund within the Foundation, you determine its purpose. A Community Foundation provides a simple, powerful, and highly personal approach to giving.
How do I support my Community through the Aoraki Foundation?
In your Will, you can choose to leave a gift to create positive change and make a difference for the causes and the people that you care about.
- Leave a gift in your Will
- Donors are encouraged to leave their gift as an endowment fund i.e Capital is invested in perpetuity and 5% of the total funds are distributed annually.
- The benefits from permanently endowed funds will span generations
- You can also donate during your lifetime via a personalized gifting programme tailored to your personal circumstances. Have the pleasure of seeing your money make a difference (and receive 33% tax credits).
- Donors can specify their preferred charities or the trustees decide where the money is best needed at the time.
- Voluntary trustees are appointed by professional bodies, and the respective Mayors of the Timaru, Waimate and Mackenzie districts
If you wish to leave a bequest to the Aoraki Foundation, this can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your total estate or the residue of your estate after your other commitments have been met. The freedom is yours to decide. Your lawyer can insert a simple clause in your Will (or a memorandum of wishes in your trust deed) to provide for an endowment fund with The Aoraki Foundation.
What is the Aoraki Foundation
Aoraki Foundation so far...