|Visit the Tin Shed for an authentic New Zealand experience. Our country store is famous for its vast range of New Zealand-made knitwear and related products made from New Zealand’s finest natural yarns and fibres, merino wool, possum fur, mohair and alpaca.
A city’s no place for a store like ours. Unlike other New Zealand fashion retailers The Tin Shed is also a farm, in the midst of rural South Canterbury at Rangitata on the main inland tourist route between Christchurch, Mt Cook and Queenstown.
Far from the madding crowd
Located in beautiful rural South Canterbury in a converted grain shed, this big country store is set within a mini farm yard complete with animals, flourishing native gardens and farm memorabilia.
All New Zealand Made
Merino and merino-possum knitwear for the whole family, accessories, bedding and home furnishings are all made in New Zealand.
• Merino knitwear – luxury fashion garments, jackets and coats, lightweight undergarments
• Bay Road Merino – NZ biggest and best range of women’s merino tops.
• Merino-possum knitwear, sheepskin and possum fur products
• Knitting wools and handknits – merino, alpaca and merino possum yarns, locally handknitted sweaters and cardigans
• Baby and childrens clothing, shawls and rugs, slippers and socks
• Products for the home – alpaca, mohair and merino-possum throws, wool blankets, duvet inners and underlays
• Skin-care and health products – lanolin and manuka honey creams, deer velvet
• Souvenirs – all New Zealand Made
Talk to the animals
Amble through our farmyard with its interesting old farm machinery and native garden of indigenous plants. Friendly encounters with sheep, kune kune pigs, alpacas, donkey, rabbits and hens. Great for the kids.
Pure New Zealand woolly and warm
Our team of friendly, knowledgeable staff are passionate about promoting the benefits of NZ-made merino wool and possum products.
Low overheads and low prices to match.
No big city rents and overheads here! We sell direct and are happy to post overseas, saving you 15% GST off the purchase price.
Shop online - Guaranteed 100% secure for all online transactions. Purchased mailed worldwide, tax free.
“I personally just loved the atmosphere of The Tin Shed … homely, rural and what New Zealand stands for” John Cushon – Qualmark Tourism Business Advisor, June 2014
Open every day except Christmas Day 8.30am – 5pm